Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Entrepreneurial Idea: E-books

For this nine week project, I've decided to focus on the idea of the electronic book, or the e-book. In recent years, the success of the e-book has proven itself to be useful but the idea that it will someday surpass the traditional bound book still seems to be a major mystery.



I hope that with the use of this blog and the technological ideas we learn about in class, I'll be able to improve the image of the e-book and possibly find ways for it to someday surpass traditional books.

That's all for now, until next time -

5 comments:

  1. So in regards to your entrepreneurial idea, are you looking to be an e-book distributor, or the author of e-books or even working on the hardware side to improve the ability and ease of access of getting e-books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to work both as a distributor and on the hardware side of things, to improve and expand the overall use of the e-book (gadgets on the tablet, other apps) as well as promote e-books in any ways necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like you idea about e-books taking over. I'm just wodering what will happen to users who are not technical and prefer traditional books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely second Terry's sentiments. E-bboks definitely are the future. Can you think how much we could save as college students if our textbooks were all available in e-book platform! I like you're blog and I'm excited about the future of e-books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One advantage to your idea is that a new generation of people born within the technology era is about to take over the consumer platform. With that being said, you need to focus your advertising to show the virtues of e-books over traditional books. Mentioning qualities like cost, weight and mobility are just a few advantages of e-books and how they are superior.

    ReplyDelete